Welcome to the Wyoming Housing Commission Public Housing Low Rent waiting list application.
This web-based process will assist you in applying for a place on the waiting list for the Public Housing (Low Rent) program. You may apply at any time during the online registration’s open enrollment period (see “Registration Status” box to the right for this period). Upon the closing of the enrollment period, the WHC will conduct a random lottery of all eligible applications and place selected applicants on the Wyoming Housing Commission Public Housing Low Rent waiting list.
Upon completion of registration, you should write down the confirmation number. In case any misfortune were to occur, the only verification we will accept of your application is your confirmation number. If you cannot produce your confirmation number under these circumstances, you will have to reapply at the next opening of the waitlist application process.
Applicants can return to this page to check whether they were selected by clicking the “Search Existing Record” button to the right and entering the confirmation number.
To successfully apply, you will need to provide the Wyoming Housing Commission with the following information:
• First and last names of all members of your household
• Social security numbers and birthdates of all members of your household
• The total gross annual income of everyone in your household. This includes Supplemental Security Income (SSI), wages, Social Security, General Assistance, child support, and any other income received
• A valid address to which the WHC staff can send correspondence
• A valid phone number
In order to meet the Wyoming Housing Commission’s eligibility criteria, please note the following:
• Provide accurate information. Submission of false information or misrepresentation will result in disqualification from the lottery and may result in loss of eligibility to participate in the Public Housing Low Rent Program.
• Only one application per household. Submission of multiple applications will result in disqualification from the lottery.
• Applicant must not exceed the Low Income Limit
LOW INCOME LIMITS (by family size)
1 Person = $37,450 4 Person = $53,450 7 Person = $66,300
2 Person = $42,800 5 Person = $57,750 8 Person = $70,600
3 Person = $48,150 6 Person = $62,050
If you are randomly selected through the lottery process you will be notified by mail. That mailing will include a selection letter, Waiver of Liability form(s) and a HUD form 92006. These must be completed and returned as stated in the selection letter. If your selection letter is returned with no forwarding address you will be cancelled from the waitlist, therefore, please ensure you are indicating a valid address when completing your application.
If you are placed on the waiting list:
• You may be not be contacted for up to 2 years.
• You must come into the office to make any of the following changes (these changes could affect your placement on the list, up or down):
- New address
- Add/Remove a family member
- Change in income
- Change in assets
This information cannot be changed by phone, mail or fax.
Once you are selected to be placed on the waiting list by the lottery, selection priority will be as follows:
1. Working preference- 20 hours or more per week at minimum wage
2. Disabled, elderly, or families with minor children
3. Date and time of application
Persons who do not meet the above preferences will not be offered a unit, until all persons with preferences have been served.
COMPLETING THIS ONLINE APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PLACEMENT ON THE WAITING LIST.
This is not an official HUD form and is used only as a format to fulfill the need for placement on the Public Housing-Low Rent Program waiting list.